my random sparks of insantiy
[ 7:20 PM ]
Hw long does it take for you to know someone?
Have you ever wondered from all the ppl in the world, how come you are born to that particular pair of parents, that particular family, that particular time date and year? And why of all ppl, the friends that you have now. And why and how ppl come and go just like that?
When I was younger I used to ask myself this all the time.
You could know someone for years, ages, your whole life even and yet you might not know that person at all.
Take my grandparents for example. I've known them my whole life. But do I really know them at all? I didn't know that my paternal grandpa had 2 mistresses and 18 kids in total till I was in Pri 5 during my great-grandfather's funeral when my older cousins told me abt it. I didn't even know my grandparents' names till I was in primary 3 or 4. All I knew was that they're called "ah gong, ah ma and ah po" I don't talk to them much. My maternal grandma is partially deaf, so communicating with her is kinda hard, its even harder given the fact that it has to be done in Hokkien. Hokkien being a language that I am not fluent in, I usually get the wrong words, sound or eventhe wrong sentence structure.
And sometimes it just takes a few smses, a few sentences, a few words, a few days, a few moments to just click with someone. Just like that.
Have you ever wondered why?
Till today I still do... ...