my random sparks of insantiy
[ 1:40 PM ]
Its xmas once again.
But somehow I dun get as excited as I usually do when the time of this year comes creeping by.
I rmb when we were still living in West Lafayette, we'd get all excited when it comes to Xmas. Well then again maybe its either bcos we were young, and innocent or maybe its bcos the spirit was in the air.
When we moved back to Palembang, things started to change...
NO more letters to Santa in the North Pole, no more snow, no more candy canes, ginger bread men, no more songs to sing along to, no more "sleep before 12 if not Santa won't come", no more cool sch decorations,no more cookies and milk set aside in the living room for Santa to have when he comes, no more stockings waiting to be filled, no more snowmen, no more snowball fights, basically it all boils dwn to NO MORE XMAS SPIRIT.
Sometimes I see it this way: maybe its bcos I'm not a Christian although I went to a Catholic sch, learnt the religion (cos its mandatory), the feel is totally be different.
The Xmas air here in Sg is still not so bad. Even though I think that Xmas is very commercialised here, and that shdn't be the way to celebrate Xmas. But its still ALOT better than celebrating Xmas in Indo, definitely better.
Somehow as I grow older I dun get excited anymore. I dun even feel that Xmas is here. Its just another day to me. Esp this yr when I'm stuck at home doing assignments frm that infuriating Lecturer of mine. Well, to look on the bright side of things at least I hv a BBQ tonight!
Maybe ppl grow outta such things. First you just believe in whatever ppl tell you. Santa Claus, the Tooth fairy, the Easter Bunny, Leprechauns, elves, monsters hiding in your closet all exists. Then suddenly as you grow older to start to realise that you've been bluffed all this while. And after that you might even turn cynical. Haha...
If I had a choice, I'd want to stay a child forever. To the hell w being bluffed all the time. Sometimes, ignorance is BLISS. The joy of childhood is something that I'll never fgt and always wld want to revisit. Too bad I can't.
So if Santa does exists, I want a time machine for Xmas this year.
I bet that they have computers and an internet connection in the North Pole, so Santa shd have access to this blog entry :)
Nevertheless, MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!