the one and only

Me.
04.03
Pisces.
Undergrad.



nincompoopies

4/2-2003 Jyians
210 YJCians
SIM student portal
ISORG blog
ISORG Mini Project
HV/0102
TheSmellyArmpitGang
Big Bro
Lin
Lam
Hui, Wei, Qiu& Min
Qiu
Nurz&Emir
Nat
Min
LeQi
Angie
Stella
Sandra
Elaine
Amelia
Leo
WeiPng
Jeremy
Mr Darren Sim
Eileen FMW
Uma PEARLS
Stuart
Chuan Yang
Ce Pepe
Valentine
Natalie
WaiYin
Amelia's shop
Playbox


my random sparks of insantiy

Thursday, September 25, 2008
Bananas [ 7:36 PM ]


Today was the last day of wellness week, and I gave out bananas. And SIM is fully of greedy, blood sucking monkeys. When I came and took out the bananas frm the student care office, there were ppl who asked me whether they can take the whole comb. Evelyn and Serene (the 2 student care officers who are in charge of PEARLS and stuff) were there, so they limited the offer to one banana per person.

There was a bazaar going on in the atrium (my booth was at the atrium as well) too. And for the past 3 days ALOT of SIM staff, janitors, and booth vendors come and took lotsa lotsa fruits. Its really freakingly alot, one person can take 5 apples or pears; and some can come back like 5 times. And they don't feel embarassed in doing so. The fruits are meant for SIM STUDENTS.

Today was abit different, I wasn't allowed to distribute bananas as freely anymore. Then came this vendor, who wanted to take 4 bananas. I politely told that he can only take one, he then said that he wants to give the other stall vendors, I then politely told him again to ask the other vendors to come down and personally take the bananas. So he went off with only 1 banana.

Aft 5 min, he came back again. Scolding me saying "Are you sure that I can only take 1 banana? How come other ppl can take 3 or 4 and I can only take 1?" "I was instructed to only allow a person to take one banana only" "But the other vendors took 3 to 4 bananas and went about distributing them, when I came back with only one they said that I was selfish. You only started the one person one banana policy when i came right? Or maybe you told that to me" I swear he was very angry and was almost shouting. Even aft I explained that I'm merely carrying out instructions, and have been doing so since 11am when i started the booth. He won't listen and just repeated what ever he said earlier (the words in blue) for 5 min.

Superwomen are cool ppl, and cool ppl dun argue w low lying, blood sucking, cheapo citizens. Cos they are the modern day villains, we let them have their say cos we know that's the only way to get rid of them. So I just let him hv his say, it's nt as if I nv kena scold before. Doing sales for 3 years can train your receptiveness and your ability to tahan scoldings and complains. I just kept my cool, cos I'm a superwoman in the making. Wahahaha....

So later in the day when Serene came dwn, I just told her what happened. Serene cldn't believe her ears. She said that she'd feedback to Carol (the student care officer who's in charge of the bazaar) abt this matter, and that she'll get the vendor blacklisted frm coming to SIM for bazaars in the future. Carol came to me at the end of the day asking the details of the man, and she said "你刚才被骂 huh? 等下我帮你报仇." And I didnt even have the intention of doing anything to the vendor. See, I've got super powers. I can unintentionally get bad guys into big trouble.

I've learnt a lesson today. We should be reasonable and polite at all times. And we shd treat everyone with the same amount of respect and courtesy. Cos even the smallest fry can get us into trouble. I bet that that vendor wldn't have dared to stand there and berate me if it was the student care ppl who told him that one person can only have one banana. Now, he can no longer come back to SIM for bazaars, and SIM has ALOT of bazaars in a year. Serves him right.

I really don't understand why ppl wld want to waste their energy, anger and time over FREE BANANAS. Bananas which are meant for SIM STUDENTS. I was kind enough to let them take lor. Just shows how uncivilised, uncultured and how cheapo that guy was. Goodness gracious me. The ugly side of ppl can really be disgusting.

chittery chattery chat!



credits

Designer: hothouseviolets
Base Codes [thank you v much!]:detonatedlove♥
Program: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Images: Dean Trippe