my random sparks of insantiy
Liberal or Conservative
[ 6:31 PM ]
Yesterday someone told me that I'm the semi-liberal chinese type of person. I dunno hw true that statement is.
I mean I'm considered the "eat-potato" type of person. One whom can't speak Chinese without smouldering the sentence with English words, doesn't think in Chinese, knows nuts abt Chinese history, Chinese culture, Chinese practices, etc... ...
However, there are still conservative Chinese values instilled in me. Things like filial piety, I'd do things to make my folks happy, the day I stop living with my parents is when I move to another country or when I get married, I still listen to my parents even at this age, and I wld want my kids to do the same to me. And I don't condone things like premarital sex, homosexuality, polygamy, etc. Note: don't condone doesn't mean that I have anything against ppl who engage in such activities. I still respect them and I am ok with them doing what they wanna do, cos its their life. I hv friends who do such things and I still hang out w them and I'm cool abt them. I just cldn't bring myself to do such things.
So which category do I actually fall under, the liberal Western or the conservative Chinese? I also dunno.. ... I'd say probably somewhere in between. So maybe he's right, I might be semi liberal.