my random sparks of insantiy
running
[ 10:17 PM ]
I stepped foot for the 1st time in the stadium beside my hse yest 10am. Decided that if i really wanna lose those xtra weight i gained aft A levels (yes, it has been a year+ since then) i must exercise. And cos i really like running, i ran lor. Haa... It’s been months (almost half a year) since I last ran. Running feels so good, the adrenaline in your blood, the wind blowing in your face and the guilt free feeling of eating too much for the previous days. However, I only managed to run 4 rounds (that would either be 1.2km or 1.6km, forgot the measurement of the tracks).
When I went down at 10 am there were only 3 people running / walking on the tracks. There was this girl and her mum who came something like 5 min earlier than me, she only ran 1 round and started walking and chatting with her mum, worse her mum was just walking lazily! It was a good thing that the stadium wasn’t packed with people, if not they would just be obstructing others from exercising.
I went down for a run again today, no improvement from yesterday's distance, still the pathetic 4 rounds. I feel so un-fit, 1.5 years ago i could complete 2.4km run in abt 13 min time. SIgh... Anyway, today is a super slack day for me. I didnt touch any of my notes!
Today started with PEARLS, which i dreaded at 1st cos we have to do this presentation, and i HATE public speaking. But it didnt turnout bad after all. I am nw learning ways to combat my stage fright. After pearls i went down to bugis with my mami and my sis. It was fun! Shopping with my mum is always fun. Haha...
Lately, i gt irritated very easily by senior citizens. 2 stories to illustrate why...
Monday, 15 jan 2007 -5.50pm -242 berth- boon lay interchnage. I was queuing up for th 242 bus, i took 242 instead of 243 cos i wanted to stop at central to gt a hair cut, and my sis wld be meeting me there. The queue was super long, and i mean long as in 1 double decker bus wld be just nice to accomodate the number of commuters. I was one of the 1st 20 ppl to queue, a senior of mine frm jyss was standing in frnt of me when all of a sudden this ah ma came and stod right beside me. She even smiled at me. Pls, i dunno u lor... but i smiled back la. She said
"i stand hr cos there gt no place to sit" and i was standing, there are no seats in a berth, i dun understand that ah ma's analogy leh (or is it bcos my chinese is so bad that i dun even gt simple meanings correct?). So i just smile again la... Then when i was sms-ing she peeped into my phone leh! Wa lao, wad does she want? So i gt abit impatient and stared at her... she gt paiseh and asked
"wad time is it ah?" my reply
"5.50" "not 6 yet hor, i gotta wrk" pls ah, she was carrying shopping bags lor, hw can she go to wrk carrying shopping bags and wearing "going out clothes"? When the bus came she just cut my queue. I cldnt be bothered, just let her go 1st lor. Ah ma wad, what to do?2nd incident: Tue 16 jan 2007 -1.30pm - pionner mall- kou fu- vegetarian stall. I was queueing up (again) for food that i was supposed to da bao home for my mum. So while i was patiently waiting for my turn with my earphones in my ears and music blasting into it, this auntie came and pretended to look at what vegetables were available. Her real intention was to cut queue. So i took off my earphones and told her
"Auntie, the queue ends there" and she glared at me leh!
"who are you calling auntie?!" she looks older than my mum, why cant i call her auntie?I wonder why some ppl dun want to be called old but they want to gt priveleges te seniors get like getting seats in trains and buses and being able to cut queues for no reason. I really dun understand them lor...
I wanna go back home! Cant wait till June! Alrdy have dates with friends whom i havent met for years!! So excited!!