my random sparks of insantiy
Gastric flu & ah po
[ 5:58 PM ]
I'm glad to say that i've gt no more insomia, but i do think that i have a mild gastric flu havent seen a doc tho. Have been having stomach issues since saturday morning, in which i had diorhea (think i spelled it wrongly). Then aft that my stomach just didnt feel rite till today. Its not that it hurts or something, i'll gt stomachaches that'll last for ard 30 sec every morning and that's it no more stomachaches for the whole day, but somehow my stomach feels funny. I really believe that its due to the haze. Yes, the stupid haze that's coming from SOuth Sumatra, my hometown or to be precise my home-province. They are burning forests which arent located in the town where i was born. But in the suburbs. I worry for my grandparents, they're old and if the haze in spore is alrdy this bad, the haze there wld be worse.
Talking abt my grandparents, my wai po is coming to town end of this month. I'm very very excited!!! This wld be her 1st visit to spore aft i moved here. I miss her soooo much lor... My dear ah po is alrdy 83, very old hur... despite her age, she's still very healthy.
My ah po is a "nu qiang ren" in my eyes. She's a widow since she was quite young, my youngest aunty was only 5 months when my wai gong passed away. My mum was only 8 years old. My eldest uncle was only 16. She had 9 kids altogther. And she brought them up single handedly. Was bullied by her mother in law who took away everything that my ah gong left behind for my ah po. My ah gong wasa well known business man in his time. Was quite well to do, did lotsa business here and there. But when he passed away all the inheritance was taken by force by my great granmother (my ah gong's mum). Her reason was : ladies dunno how to do business. And my grandma was left to raise her kids on her own. Life was hard, but she pulled thru.
She lived thru the jap occupation too... She's supposedly a sporean worx... moved to indo when she was a baby together with her parents. Her 2 sisters were left behind, but they reunited 40 years later.
She loves unconditionally, and doesnt ask for anything in return. Shows her love in a very unique way. She wont say or show u that she loves u in frnt of you, she'll do it behind ur back.
I've never told her how much i love her, partially bcos she's abit deaf (abit ah, onli abit) and she only speaks in hokkien, and my hokkien sucks big time. But i'll try this time when she comes down. And i'll take a pic with her and post it ya... I've never took a pic with her (just the 2 of us). She's camera shy. But I'm thick faced!! SO, i'll get that pic! I wonder why the diff between us is so big. MAybe i didnt inheritate her genes. Haha...
Maybe one day i shd write a short story on my grand ma's life.