my random sparks of insantiy
Discrimination does occur in Spore
[ 4:57 PM ]
I was job hunting with angie last wed at IMM shopping centre. There were quite a handful of shops looking for employees. All was well till we entered this gift shop at level 1 beside the florist (which i fgt its name la, will update again later). They placed an announcement outside their shop it goes : "Part time sales assistant welcome" and that was all that was written on that A4 piece of white paper.
So we entered the shop, there were 3 middle aged ladies in the shop.
I went "excuse me, according to the paper outside u r looking for helpers."
The aunty glared at me and angie, she looked unfriendly and said "are u christian? That's our minimum requirement." When she said that she sounded fierce lor. Worse than Ms Tan Ying Ling on her PMS days.
Me and angie then said sorry then left the shop.
I was shocked at her reaction and answer. That shop wasnt selling things related to CHristianity. And if she onli wants Christian workers then write it in bold on the paper she pasted outside, but i think that she has not guts to do so. Afraid that she'll be accused of practising Religious discriminination lor... And what does she mean by " Being christian is our MINIMUM REQUIREMENT?" Is it that any other religion is BELOW christianity? That just because I'm nt a christian, my self worth is below that of a chrsitian? Isnt singapore a country based on meritocracy? Well, I cant help but say this which is directed to that bloody auntie: fuck you thinking that onli ur religion is better than mine, if u really think so, then keep it to urself, i realli do hope that u wont get that helper that u need.
So, yes my friends discrimintaion does exist in Singapore.