my random sparks of insantiy
Growing up is scary
[ 9:16 PM ]
I've been struck by this feeling lately.... As the A levels are drawing near, the time left to spend with my JC friends are getting shorter. It's sad not being able to see them on a daily basis anymore. I had alot of fun hanging ard with them, we went thru alot tgt, from the fun times like getting ben and jerry's ice cream and the not so pleasant daily you-know-whats... After As, the girls will be job hunting (I assume) and the guys will be serving their NS. Some might even go overseas to continue their stdies. You might not see them until abt a few years time. It's sad to know that the ppl who laughed, cried, screamed, shouted, bitched, gossiped, with you for the past 2 years will no longer be there to share life's experiences with you evryday. I know that some place deep inside me, will miss YJ, the school, the canteen, the library, the teachers, everything, even the feeling of waking up everyday looking forward to school, wearing that uniform which looks like ite's, boarding the bus, enduring and sleeping troughout the 1 hour train ride, seeing your CT's face, listening to the 5 min before bell ring song, and blah blah blah...
The same happened to me after O levels, but things were better then, cos most of my friends stayed in the same area. But still I miss that feeling. I just know that my 3 years of education at Juying has made an impact in my life, one that no one can change nor replace. I met alot of wonderful ppl there, some who till today are my role models, ppl like Ms Grace Ng, Mr Chong Chin Hong, Mrs Tan JK and many many more (I can't possibly list them all). And there are those who hold a special place, the one's who went thru thick and thin with me, and i won't exchange their friendship with anything in the world. Guys you know who you are, and thank you all for the frienship.
It's getting nostalgic huh?? Can't help it...
Imagine 10 years down the road, most of your friends will be busy carving out a career for themselves, some might already have families of thier own. And before you know it, you're old. It's scary isn't it? I just hate it when time seems to fly away so fast. I'm contented with what I have, although I'm nothing near to my dream... I'm happy with my friends, I love my family, I'm grateful for whatever my parents has done for me.Why can't just things stop changing for a while? I dread growing up and growing old, cos i noe that things will never be the same anymore. I don't think that I'm ready to face the real world yet...
Well, since i can't change anything, I'll just cherish the moments i have with those close to me: my friends(210 dudes and dudettes, qiu, wei, nurz, min, nat and other 4/2 jyians), my family and my relatives (esp my ah poh). I'll just live each day to the fullest, no regrets what so ever... (",)
You never know what you can achieve till you dare to dream