the one and only

Me.
04.03
Pisces.
Undergrad.



nincompoopies

4/2-2003 Jyians
210 YJCians
SIM student portal
ISORG blog
ISORG Mini Project
HV/0102
TheSmellyArmpitGang
Big Bro
Lin
Lam
Hui, Wei, Qiu& Min
Qiu
Nurz&Emir
Nat
Min
LeQi
Angie
Stella
Sandra
Elaine
Amelia
Leo
WeiPng
Jeremy
Mr Darren Sim
Eileen FMW
Uma PEARLS
Stuart
Chuan Yang
Ce Pepe
Valentine
Natalie
WaiYin
Amelia's shop
Playbox


my random sparks of insantiy

Thursday, October 20, 2005
blogging to be taught in schools?! [ 8:20 AM ]


I read an article in The Straits Times yesterday, it was regarding the recent incident where 5 JC students (all girls, haiz) were punished and suspended from sch for 3 days because they insulted their teachers in their blogs. As a result, the Minister for Education, Mr Tharman Shamugaratnam suggests that blogging (what one should and should not write, etc) should be taught in school as a part of the Civics and Moral Education syllabus. Sometimes I wonder, why would they do such things? Does CME really help shape our morale? Aren't such things taught at home? To me, CME is just a period where i can slack, put my brain to rest, and a subject that I can get full marks during mid year or end of year exams without putting in much effort. However, does getting full marks for a CME paper mean that one has high morale? I question the moral values ppl today have, where there is the necessity for schools to teach students (JC students) how to write diaries? It sounds a bit absurd to me. Luckily I'll be ot of the system in one month time.
Anyway, this just means that I have to be super duper careful when I write my blog entries. As I'm typing this entry, I'm considering whether the content is of sound morale. Does that mean that I have to delete the entry on the argument btwn me and B? But, I am sure that I would be extra careful when I mention my teachers on my blog. Sianz, what happened to freedom of speech and human rights?
the weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong

chittery chattery chat!



credits

Designer: hothouseviolets
Base Codes [thank you v much!]:detonatedlove♥
Program: Adobe Photoshop CS2 Images: Dean Trippe